- USB to dual channel UART (RS232, RS422 or RS485).
- USB to dual channel FIFO.
- USB to dual channel JTAG.
- USB to dual channel SPI.
- USB to dual channel I2C.
- USB to dual channel Bit-Bang.
- USB to dual combination of any of above interfaces.
- USB to Fast Serial Optic Interface.
- USB to CPU target interface (as memory), double and independent.
The FT2232H requires USB drivers (listed below), available free from http://www.ftdichip.com, which are used to make the FT2232H appear as a virtual COM port (VCP). This allows the user to communicate with the USB interface via a standard PC serial emulation port (for example TTY). Another FTDI USB driver, the D2XX driver, can also be used with application software to directly access the FT2232H through a DLL.